Still under par on my squats, most likely a combination of still being slightly under the weather (I’m still sleeping through for much longer than usual) and also being on a fat loss diet.
I saw a continued weakness on my squats. I actually elected, after one set at the right weight where I couldn’t quite get to depth again, to reduce the weight slightly. Instead I did a couple of extra sets and will now build up the weight again.
I think my heart wasn’t in my workout though. I couldn’t drive through the Concept 2 intervals either. I felt like I was doing my best, but if that was true I wouldn’t have been able to go slightly faster again on my last interval.
Plan and results for last week
Workout 1: (Monday)
- Back squat: 82kg – 4×2 – 1×2, 1×1; 76kg 6×2
- Concept 2 intervals: 5x30s (30s rest) – 1.57.8, 1.57.8, 1.59.0, 2.00.7, 1.58,7 – still failing to get my intervals to be equal.
Workout 2: (Wednesday) – all completed as planned
- RDL: 102kg – 4×2
- Hip thrusts: 92kg – 5×7 (30s rest)
Plan for this week
- Back squat: 77kg – 6×2
- Concept 2 intervals: 5x30s (30s rest)
- RDL: 103kg – 8×1
- Hip thrusts: 92kg – 5×8 (30s rest)