Another week, a bit more progress back towards where I’ve been in the past.
I feel a bit like my lifting hasn’t really progressed for about 18 months now. Partly this was a conscious decision to try and keep my lifting at a “maintenance” level while I finished working at the desk job and then, now, getting used to the different activity levels in my life. Despite knowing that this is the case it can still be frustrating at times to look at the numbers I’m lifting and realise I was posting similar numbers at the start of last year.
However, every cloud has a silver lining. Looking at videos I took of my lifts 2 years ago, when I was lifting very similar numbers, I can see that my form has improved. Not only that, but I feel immensely more confident under the bar than I did back then. Perhaps two years of consolidating has done me good. I might even consider starting to push the numbers back up, but maybe not until I’ve got my figure to a place I’m happy with.
One Goal At A Time.
Plan and results for last week
Workout 1: (Tuesday)
- Back squat: 77kg – 6×2 – all completed without incident
- Concept 2 intervals: 5x30s (30s rest) – 1.55.0, 1.55.6, 1.56.6, 1.56.9, 2.00.2 – I must be the most incompetent interval rower ever. Why I couldn’t watch the clock on the first one and realise that I was going to burn out before the fifth set if I rowed at that pace, I have no idea.
Workout 2: (Friday) – all completed as planned with a couple of sets of 50kg extra deep back squats before I started. Just because the bar was at the right height with 50kg on it when I walked into the gym and I could…
- RDL: 103kg – 8×1
- Hip thrusts: 92kg – 5×8 (30s rest)
Plan for this week
- Back squat: 78kg – 6×2
- Concept 2 intervals: 5x30s (30s rest)
- RDL: 103kg – 1×2, 6×1
- Hip thrusts: 92kg – 5×9 (30s rest)