Another good week although I have to confess that my mind wasn’t completely on the job on either workout. The Monday workout ended up being much earlier in the day than usual and as a result the bar felt really unbearably heavy. Having gone into the workout thinking I might do a bonus set of squats I quickly realised that I’d be lucky toget the seven sets out that I was aiming for.
Sadly my rowing continues to be a failure. After long discussion with Chris it looks like there are probably some basic coaching points on interval rowing that I’m missing (compared to longer endurance efforts which I manage with great form and relative ease). He’s going to be around for my training session next week and has promised to sit in on it and work out what is going wrong.
Plan and results for last week
Workout 1: (Monday) – all completed as planned
- Back squat: 78kg – 7×2
- Concept 2 intervals: 5x30s (30s rest) – 1.57.6, 1.58.7, 2.01.5, 1.57.7, 2.00.7
Workout 2: (Thursday) – all completed as planned
- RDL: 103kg – 2×2, 4×1 – felt easier than last week. I must be adjusting to the weight.
- Hip thrusts: 92kg – 5×10 (30s rest)
Plan for this week
- Back squat: 78kg – 8×2
- Concept 2 intervals: 5x30s (30s rest)
- RDL: 103kg – 3×2, 2×1
- Hip thrusts: 94kg – 5×6 (30s rest)