This week wasn’t the amazing strong week I had last week, but it showed steady progress. After further discussion with Chris about my Concept 2 rowing we also increased my rest period to see if that worked. After all, I am doing this after several sets of heavy squats.
It made all the difference. I overshot my target speed with about 10 seconds to spare on almost every interval and then the hard part was getting a feel for what speed of stroke would get it to come back to the right number in 10 seconds. Now that I solved the rowing mystery I’m going to start aiming for faster target times.
Plan and results for last week
Workout 1: (Tuesday)
- Back squat: 79kg – 6×2 – this felt easy which wasn’t surprising after last week. I felt like there might have been another set in the tank but wasn’t sure so decided to crack the rowing problem with the spare energy instead.
- Concept 2 intervals: 5x30s (30s rest) – I increased the rest period to 60s and churned out: 2.00.1, 2.00.3, 2.00.2, 2.00.2, 2.00.4
Workout 2: (Thursday) – all completed as planned
- RDL: 104kg – 8×1
- Hip thrusts: 94kg – 5×8 (30s rest)
Plan for this week
- Back squat: 79kg – 7×2
- Concept 2 intervals: 5x30s (60s rest) – target 1.59.0
- RDL: 104kg – 1×2, 6×1
- Hip thrusts: 94kg – 5×9 (30s rest)